Fire Awareness Training Course
Course duration 1-1½ hrs
The course will raise awareness concerning the threat posed by fire to the continuity of your business. It will support an essential part of your legal responsibilities by providing specific levels of fire safety training.
EXPERIENCE COUNTS - FIRE COSTS
It will also raise awareness concerning the behaviour of people in a fire, emergency fire evacuation procedures, the prevention of arson or an outbreak of fire and the appropriate action to take in the event of a fire.
The Fire Awareness Training course will be tailored to suit your specific requirements and circumstances, ie: residential care, hotel, office, industrial, nuclear power station, etc.
The objective is that at the end of the course delegates will:
- Have a greater understanding of the fire precautions that are built into your workplace
- Recognise the hazards and the threat posed by fire to people, property and jobs
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature and behaviour of fire
- Understand the role of all staff and action to be taken in respect of:
- Discovering a fire
- Raising the alarm and action upon hearing the alarm
- Correct method of calling the brigade
- Evacuation of the building
- Distinguish between the different types of extinguishers and the fires for which they are suited.
The Structure will include:
- The nature and behaviour of fire
- Human behaviour in fire
- The principles of design and management of the fire safety solution for your workplace
- Your legal responsibilities within the Company Fire Plan: Before, During and After the Event.
- Methods of extinction and the practical use of fire fighting equipment.
- Emergency fire evacuation drills.
- Fire Safety Advice in the Home
Firewise provide professional Fire Awareness Training Courses across Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire and the South of England.